B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 30
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. "You need to complete your assignment today," the instructor said.
The instructor __________________________ my assignment today.
2. It would be better to save money before buying a new car.
Laura __________________________ before purchasing a new car.
3. Karen is too anti-social to attend the party.
Karen is not __________________________ the party.
4. The cake is too big for the box.
The box isn't __________________________ the cake.
5. It's improbable that Lucy missed the bus this morning.
Lucy __________________________ the bus this morning.
6. It's a pity the concert tickets are sold out.
I __________________________ weren't sold out.
7. I didn't like the shirt, so I returned it to the shop.
I didn't like the shirt, so I __________________________ the shop.
8. In this team, I oversee the marketing division.
I am __________________________ division.