B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 30 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. The instructor told me to complete my assignment today.
2. Laura suggested saving money before purchasing a new car.
3. Karen is not sociable enough to attend the party.
4. The box isn't big enough for the cake.
5. Lucy must have caught the bus this morning.
6. I wish the concert tickets weren't sold out.
7. I didn't like the shirt, so I took it back to the shop.
8. I am in charge of the marketing division.