B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations - worksheet 3
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. Marcus started learning French two years ago.
Marcus has __________________________ two years.
2. Harry isn't here. He went to lunch twenty minutes ago.
Harry isn't here. He __________________________ lunch.
3. Do you own that stereo?
4. Look at how black the sky is! There is rain arriving.
Look at how black the sky is! It __________________________.
5. What a shame. There is no food left!
I __________________________ left!
6. What a shame. They ate all the food.
I __________________________ all the food.
7. The teenagers were stealing my car when I arrived.
My car __________________________ teenagers when I arrived.
8. You use that little hammer to crack the stones.
This little hammer __________________________.