B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 29
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. We'll go for a walk only if the weather is nice.
We'll go for a walk __________________________ is nice.
2. Go to my chiropractor, Dr. Smith, if your back pain persists.
My co-worker __________________________ his chiropractor if my back pain persisted.
3. This book is not mine.
This book doesn't __________________________.
4. I told my son I would buy him the toy only if he came home on time.
I told my son I would buy him the toy, as __________________________ home on time.
5. They had disagreed but reached a consensus before the presentation.
They __________________________ agreement before the presentation.
6. The shop down the street usually fixes my bike.
I usually __________________________ by the shop down the street.
7. This cake is more delicious than the one I had yesterday.
This cake is not __________________________ the one I had yesterday.
8. The event was cancelled as only a few people showed up.
Only a __________________________ the event, so it was cancelled.