B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 29 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. We'll go for a walk as long as the weather is nice.
2. My co-worker recommended visiting his chiropractor if my back pain persisted.
3. This book doesn't belong to me.
4. I told my son I would buy him the toy, as long as he came home on time.
5. They had come to an agreement before the presentation.
6. I usually have my bike fixed by the shop down the street.
7. This cake is not as delicious as the one I had yesterday.
8. Only a few people turned up for the event, so it was cancelled.