B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 28
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. That fence is there to prevent you entering the grounds of the house.
They put the fence there __________________________ enter the grounds of the house.
2. Does your brother have the ability to take so many exams in the same week?
Is __________________________ so many exams in the same week?
3. We were able to cross the river, despite the strong current.
We __________________________ despite the strong current.
4. I would prefer you to go now. Goodbye.
I __________________________ now. Goodbye.
5. I think you should say sorry for your behavior.
I think __________________________ behavior.
6. I have a lot to do so I can't come with you to the cinema this afternoon.
I have __________________________ to be able to come to the cinema.
7. Entrance into the museum is free today.
It __________________________ the museum today.
8. All the cars have been cleaned except the manager's.
The manager's is the __________________________ been cleaned.