B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 27
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. In my opinion, it was an error to give him so much money so young.
He __________________________ so much money at such a young age.
2. Do you think this antique vase is good value for money?
In your opinion, is __________________________ buying?
3. The lesson was cancelled as only three students came.
Only __________________________ the lesson, so it was cancelled.
4. The picnic was cancelled due to the rain.
The picnic __________________________ rain.
5. When you get to the large oak tree, keep going until you get to the lake.
After getting to the large oak tree, __________________________ until you get to the lake.
6. This is the most expensive book we've seen so far in this shop.
There hasn't __________________________ than this in the shop so far.
7. Whose is this bicycle?
Who __________________________ to?
8. She doesn't usually eat three meals a day, so she got full pretty quickly.
She __________________________ three meals a day, so she got full quickly.