B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 25
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. Do you regret leaving your job now?
Do you wish __________________________ job now?
2. Could you try a little harder to listen to what I'm saying?
Can you __________________________ listen to what I'm saying?
3. It doesn't matter which chemical you put into the mixture first. The results will be the same.
It __________________________ you put into the mixture first.
4. My mother said I could go with you only if I return home by 5pm.
I can go with you __________________________ home by 5pm.
5. Unfortunately, I couldn't see you because I didn't have time.
If I had had more time, I __________________________ see you.
6. These windows need cleaning again.
These windows will __________________________.
7. It wasn't a good idea resigning from your job before you have another one.
It would __________________________ hadn't resigned from your job.
8. Hardly any of the cars on special offer were left when we arrived.
By the time we arrived, __________________________ had been bought.