B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 25 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You must use a minimum of TWO and a maximum of FIVE words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. Do you regret leaving your job now?
Do you wish __YOU HADN'T LEFT YOUR__ job now?
2. Could you try a little harder to listen to what I'm saying?
Can you __MAKE AN EFFORT TO__ listen to what I'm saying?
3. It doesn't matter which chemical you put into the mixture first. The results will be the same.
It __MAKES NO DIFFERENCE WHICH CHEMICAL__ you put into the mixture first.
4. My mother said I could go with you only if I return home by 5pm.
I can go with you __AS LONG AS I RETURN__ home by 5pm.
5. Unfortunately, I couldn't see you because I didn't have time.
If I had had more time, I __WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO__ see you.
6. These windows need cleaning again.
These windows will __HAVE TO BE CLEANED AGAIN__.
7. It wasn't a good idea resigning from your job before you have another one.
It would __HAVE BEEN BETTER IF YOU__ hadn't resigned from your job.
8. Hardly any of the cars on special offer were left when we arrived.
By the time we arrived, __NEARLY ALL OF THE CARS/SPECIAL OFFERS__ had been bought.