B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 23
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. Don't continue to speak if I've asked you a question.
Don't __________________________ have asked you a question.
2. We arrive at the castle one hour after we leave the hotel.
It __________________________ to the castle.
3. Can you take care of Mary on Saturday evening for us?
Can __________________________ Saturday evening for us?
4. Is that wallet yours, John?
Does __________________________, John?
5. You have only just started work on this project.
You __________________________ this project.
6. In this office, I am responsible for the sales department.
I am __________________________ department.
7. When I see Lucy, I always think of my youngest sister.
Lucy __________________________ younger sister.
8. This is the cheapest typewriter you can buy.
There __________________________ on the market.