B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 21
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. How much do these leather shoes cost?
What __________________________ leather shoes?
2. It's not important if you come to work today or not.
It __________________________ you come to work today or not.
3. Parking is prohibited in all areas of the business park.
You __________________________ the business park.
4. Mark's biggest problem is that he often ignores what I say in class.
His biggest problem is that he __________________________ to what I say in class.
5. Your sister said she had told you everything.
Your sister __________________________ everything.
6. If we light the fire, the rescuers will see us.
We __________________________ rescuers if we light the fire.
7. For us to win this match now would be impossible.
There is __________________________ this match now.
8. Don't tell anyone this information