B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 21 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You must use a minimum of TWO and a maximum of FIVE words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. How much do these leather shoes cost?
What __IS THE PRICE OF THESE__ leather shoes?
2. It's not important if you come to work today or not.
It __DOESN'T MATTER IF__ you come to work today or not.
3. Parking is prohibited in all areas of the business park.
You __CAN'T PARK ANYWHERE IN__ the business park.
4. Mark's biggest problem is that he often ignores what I say in class.
His biggest problem is that he __DOESN'T PAY ANY ATTENTION__ to what I say in class.
5. Your sister said she had told you everything.
Your sister __SAID SHE HAD ADMITTED__ everything.
6. If we light the fire, the rescuers will see us.
We __WILL BE SEEN BY THE__ rescuers if we light the fire.
7. For us to win this match now would be impossible.
There is __NO HOPE OF WINNING__ this match now.
8. Don't tell anyone this information
__KEEP THIS (INFORMATION) TO__ yourself.