B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 20
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. Though I haven't seen him for a month, we have spoken by phone.
Carol __________________________ on the phone.
2. Visit my doctor, Dr. Hamish, if your arm is still hurting
My brother __________________________ his doctor if my arm continued hurting.
3. I won't come. I have told you I am busy.
I __________________________ as I am busy.
4. It isn't possible that Jane was absent from work today.
Jane __________________________ work today.
5. I drive both a sports car and an off-road vehicle.
In __________________________, I also drive an off-road vehicle.
6. Barry continued to smoke even though his doctor told him to quit.
__________________________ not to, Barry continued to smoke.
7. Only a few books were left at the yard sale when we left.
__________________________ been sold when we left the yard sale.
8. Was it really necessary to buy such an expensive bottle of wine?
Was there __________________________ an expensive bottle of wine?