B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations - worksheet 2
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. "How about going to the cinema tonight?", said Anne
Ann __________________________ to the cinema.
2. My advice to you is to talk to your parents.
If __________________________ talk to my parents.
3. Barry wasn't strong enough to lift the box.
Barry didn't __________________________ to lift the box
4. They started the company in 1997.
The company __________________________ 1997
5. I think Jean really likes Simon.
Jean __________________________ Simon.
6. I was made responsible for foreign sales.
They put __________________________ foreign sales.
7. The brothers really enjoyed themselves in Spain last summer.
The brothers really __________________________ in Spain last summer.
8. The Queen is opening the new school tomorrow afternoon.
The new school __________________________ Queen tomorrow afternoon.