B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You must use a minimum of TWO and a maximum of FIVE words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. "How about going to the cinema tonight?", said Anne
Ann __SUGGESTED GOING__ to the cinema.
2. My advice to you is to talk to your parents.
If __I WERE YOU I WOULD__ talk to my parents.
3. Barry wasn't strong enough to lift the box.
Barry didn't __HAVE THE/ENOUGH STRENGTH__ to lift the box
4. They started the company in 1997.
The company __WAS SET UP IN__ 1997
5. I think Jean really likes Simon.
Jean __IS REALLY KEEN ON__ Simon.
6. I was made responsible for foreign sales.
They put __ME IN CHARGE OF__ foreign sales.
7. The brothers really enjoyed themselves in Spain last summer.
The brothers really __HAD A GOOD/GREAT/WONDERFUL TIME__ in Spain last summer.
8. The Queen is opening the new school tomorrow afternoon.
The new school __IS BEING OPENED BY THE__ Queen tomorrow afternoon.