B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 19
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. It wasn't me who took the book. I didn't touch it!
I __________________________ the book.
2. I can take you to the airport if your flight is early.
I __________________________ Jenny to the airport for the following morning.
3. "Why not try for Harvard University Karen?"
He __________________________ apply to Harvard University.
4. Could I stay with you in Chicago for a few days, John?
Could __________________________ Chicago for a few days?
5. I don't know how you tolerate such a miserable person.
How do you __________________________ is so miserable?
6. I would like to be thinner.
I __________________________ fat.
7. "Well done! You got the job," her mother said.
Her mother __________________________ job.
8. "It was Peter who stole the fruit," Jenny shouted.
Jenny __________________________ stealing the fruit.