B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 18
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. They blamed the theft of the missing computer on Jenkins.
Jenkins __________________________ the missing computer.
2. OK, I can see you tomorrow evening at six.
My boss __________________________ at six the following evening.
3. Don't say you're ill if you're not!
Don't __________________________ you're not!
4. I haven't eaten ice cream for six months.
I __________________________ six months ago.
5. Are we allowed to drink coffee in this part of the building?
__________________________ in this part of the building?
6. Should you be in here Mark?
Are __________________________ Mark?
7. Why don't you help me more around the house?
I __________________________ more around the house.
8. The hill was slippery because of the rain so we had difficulty climbing.
The rain __________________________ so we had difficulty climbing.