B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 17
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. "You'd better not speak to me like that again!" he said to me.
I __________________________ to him like that again.
2. Don't ask Hannah here to have lunch on Friday. If you do, I won't stay to meet her.
If __________________________ on Friday, I won't stay to meet her.
3. Do you think it would be a good idea to get my hair cut?
Would __________________________ hair cut?
4. I told him he should go and speak to his mother.
__________________________ to speak to his mother.
5. If you don't call me, I won't know where you are!
I won't know __________________________ you call me!
6. We should leave now if we don't want to miss the start of the performance.
It's __________________________ or we'll miss the start of the performance.
7. Let's go to "The Blue Whale" where it's less crowded.
"The Blue Whale" is __________________________ here, so let's go there.
8. I would prefer to stay at home tonight.
I __________________________ tonight.