B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 15 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You must use a minimum of TWO and a maximum of FIVE words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. "Don't tell anyone about my wig, will you?"
__PROMISE NOT TO__ tell anyone about my wig!
2. I won't work late again. That would be the third time this week. I won't do it!
Mr. Hamley __REFUSED TO WORK LATE__ as he has already done so twice this month.
3. We couldn't afford The Regal Hotel so we stayed somewhere cheaper.
The __REGAL HOTEL COST TOO MUCH__ so we stayed somewhere cheaper.
4. "Do you both work together?", she asked the twins.
She __ASKED IF THEY WORKED__ together.
5. Is it OK if I open the window a little Miss Jackson?
Miss Jackson, __MAY I OPEN__ the window?
6. Despite looking everywhere, he never found his wallet.
He didn't find __HIS WALLET ALTHOUGH HE LOOKED__ everywhere.
7. Imagine your father returning home now! What would he say?
Just __SUPPOSING YOUR FATHER RETURNED__ home now! What would he say?
8. I imagine you had a great time in Tunisia.
You __MUST HAVE__ had a great time in Tunisia.