B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 14
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. "Sorry that I drew that picture of you," he said to Tim.
He __________________________ the picture.
2. A nice walk in the park might help us both to relax, don't you think?
Mike __________________________ walk in the park.
3. I really don't want to go out tonight.
I __________________________ out tonight.
4. Astronomy fascinates Kate and she spends hours reading about it.
Kate __________________________ spends hours reading about it.
5. If you stop smoking, you will feel much better for it.
You'll feel much better if __________________________.
6. I told you I would lend you the money and I will.
I __________________________ money and I will.
7. I wish I had rung him earlier.
I __________________________ ring him earlier.
8. The Wilsons are leaving shortly so go and tell them what we agreed.
The Wilsons __________________________ so go and tell them what we agreed.