B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 12 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You must use a minimum of TWO and a maximum of FIVE words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. It is possible that Mike isn't at home now.
Mike __MIGHT/MAY NOT BE AT__ home now.
2. Don't put the blame on me. I wasn't even there at the time.
It was __NOT MY FAULT__. I wasn't even there at the time.
3. In my opinion, if a dog is small, it is more likely to bark.
In my opinion, __THE SMALLER THE DOG, THE__ more likely it is to bark.
4. I play tennis every Wednesday.
I play tennis __ONCE A WEEK__.
5. He is intelligent and so is she.
__BOTH OF THEM__ are intelligent.
6. All of the people in the room are French.
In this room, __EVERYONE IS FRENCH__.
7. Not everyone in this room is stupid.
__SOME OF THE PEOPLE IN__ this room are intelligent.
8. He already has a conviction for shoplifting.
He has __ALREADY BEEN CONVICTED OF__ shoplifting.