B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 11
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. It was silly of you to speak to your boss like that.
You __________________________ your boss like that!
2. What do you advise me to do?
3. There are always a lot of cars in the downtown area at this time.
There is __________________________ in the downtown area at this time.
4. Is it possible to smoke in this room?
Is __________________________ this room?
5. She was taken in an ambulance five minutes ago
They __________________________ five minutes ago.
6. Chicago is a big city, but Los Angeles is bigger.
Chicago __________________________ Los Angeles.
7. That story he told sounded very invented.
I'm sure that story __________________________.
8. Who owns this pen?
Who __________________________ to?