B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 11 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You must use a minimum of TWO and a maximum of FIVE words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. It was silly of you to speak to your boss like that.
You __SHOULDN'T HAVE SPOKEN TO__ your boss like that!
2. What do you advise me to do?
What __SHOULD I DO__?
3. There are always a lot of cars in the downtown area at this time.
There is __ALWAYS A LOT OF TRAFFIC__ in the downtown area at this time.
4. Is it possible to smoke in this room?
Is __SMOKING ALLOWED IN__ this room?
5. She was taken in an ambulance five minutes ago
They __TOOK HER TO HOSPITAL__ five minutes ago.
6. Chicago is a big city, but Los Angeles is bigger.
Chicago __IS NOT AS BIG AS__ Los Angeles.
7. That story he told sounded very invented.
I'm sure that story __HE TOLD WAS MADE UP__.
8. Who owns this pen?
Who __DOES THIS PEN BELONG__ to?