B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations - worksheet 1
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. Many people think Steve stole the money.
Steve __________________________ the money.
2. The strong winds blew down the two ancient trees during the storm.
The two ancient trees __________________________ the storm.
3. He doesn't have enough money to buy the computer.
The computer __________________________ to buy.
4. "You should start a new hobby, Mr. Jenkins", the doctor said.
The Doctor advised __________________________ a new hobby.
5. We have been waiting here since half past ten.
We have been waiting __________________________ one hour.
6. The man suddenly realised that the neighbour was watching him.
The man suddenly realised that he __________________________ the neighbour.
7. I could never have passed that exam without your help.
I could never have passed that exam __________________________ me.
8. We paid some people to landscape the garden for us last year.
We __________________________ last year.