C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Word Formation Worksheet 32
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. The student's ______________ led to poor academic performance.
2. Vaccinations can help boost an individual's ______________ against certain diseases.
3. He was very ______________ to criticism and easily upset.
4. Her strong ______________ skills made her an excellent candidate for the managerial position.
5. The team's ______________ for the upcoming competition was evident in their intense training sessions.
6. The project received a ______________ amount of funding from private investors.
7. Light ______________ will be served during the intermission of the play.
8. Wearing sunscreen is an essential ______________ when spending time outdoors.