C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Word Formation Worksheet 27
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. Her ______________ was admired by everyone who knew her.
2. The road will be ______________ closed for maintenance work.
3. The tradition ______________ in ancient times and has been passed down through generations.
4. The test results were ______________, leading to further research and investigation.
5. The ______________ among team members hindered the progress of the project.
6. The company implemented a new ______________ for handling customer complaints.
7. The band's ______________ grew rapidly after the release of their debut album.
8. Their marriage was not considered ______________ under local customs.