C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Word Formation Worksheet 26
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. Many questions about the mysterious phenomenon remain ______________.
2. The new language learning app claims to make mastering grammar and vocabulary a much more enjoyable and ______________ process.
3. She was ______________ from the meeting once again and the manager looked furious.
4. The trend in housing prices began to shift ______________ as the economy worsened.
5. They received an ______________ to an exclusive event.
6. New employees often need ______________ and support from experienced colleagues.
7. The location is ______________ for building a residential complex due to environmental concerns.
8. The weather in the region can be ______________, making it difficult to plan outdoor activities.