C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Word Formation Worksheet 25
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. Interrupting someone while they are speaking is considered ______________.
2. The lack of support led to some of the team members having a strong sense of ______________.
3. The child was totally ______________ on his parents for financial support.
4. Cultural ______________ are an important part of a community's identity.
5. The construction work next to the hotel was ______________ for guests trying to relax.
6. Apples are ______________ used as an ingredient in many desserts.
7. The complexity of the task was ______________ by the team, leading to delays and ultimately, failure.
8. The cake was left in the oven too long, causing it to become ______________ and dry.