C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Word Formation Worksheet 24
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. She was determined to ______________ in her new business venture.
2. The ______________ shape of the building made it a strange local landmark.
3. Growing up in a ______________ household can greatly improve a child's language abilities.
4. The ______________ snowstorm caught everyone off guard, causing major disruptions.
5. Different government ______________ have implemented varying policies to address the issue.
6. His ______________ to help with the project made it difficult for the team to meet the deadline.
7. As the weather closed in, the situation on the top of the mountain seemed ______________.
8. The researcher conducted an ______________ review of the relevant literature.