C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Word Formation Worksheet 23
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. Proper ______________ planning is essential for the success of any business.
2. The intense ______________ between the two teams fuelled their competitive spirit.
3. The letter was ______________ in a sealed envelope.
4. A common ______________ is that eating carrots can improve your night vision.
5. His ______________ to caffeine made it hard for him to quit coffee.
6. Taking ______________ while travelling can help prevent accidents and ensure a safe trip.
7. Her ______________ was evident when she donated a large sum to the charity.
8. The two friends, growing up, often ______________ about their favourite movies.