C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Word Formation Worksheet 22
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. The beauty of the small historical town was ______________ by those surrounding it.
2. The ______________ look in his eyes worried his friends.
3. The use of technology has significantly contributed to the ______________ of language learning methods.
4. The architect's ______________ design for the building was innovative and unique.
5. The once-popular theory has now been ______________ by new scientific evidence.
6. The production of the outdated product line was ______________.
7. The store offers ______________ types of products to cater to different customer needs.
8. The author provided a vivid ______________ of the protagonist's appearance.