C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Word Formation Worksheet 21
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. He completed the task on a ______________ basis to ensure progress.
2. The proposed legislation sparked a public ______________, leading to widespread protests.
3. The artist's ______________ style set her work apart from others.
4. It's considered ______________ to interrupt someone while they're speaking.
5. Her ______________ to finish the race was due to her injury.
6. The plot of the novel is ______________ and keeps the reader engaged.
7. The singer's ______________ soared after her latest album release.
8. The dress code required guests to wear ______________ attire for the event.