C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Word Formation Worksheet 2
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. The ______________ recommended intake of Vitamin C varies from country to country.
2. When shopping online, many people make use of price ______________ websites.
3. The book, like the movie, tracks the anxiety and ______________ pains of a teenager in 1970s Germany.
4. This wine has a very fruity flavour to it and a ______________ after-taste. I really like it.
5. I've lost all ______________ for this concert, I'm finding it boring. Can we go?
6. The opening of this new restaurant should satisfy the ______________ of local Indonesian food fans.
7. You don't respond well to positive ______________, which is only made to help you.
8. ______________ as it may seem, mammoths were alive only five thousand years ago.