C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Word Formation Worksheet 19
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. The child would often ______________ when left unsupervised.
2. We spent hours on the many ______________ for the surprise party.
3. Be careful, the information in the article seems ______________ and may not be relevant anymore.
4. The ______________ of the artwork was a time-consuming and intricate process.
5. Her performance in the competition was ______________, earning her a place on the national team.
6. The room's ______________ was enhanced by installing large windows and light fixtures.
7. An ______________ worker may require additional training and support.
8. The philosopher's abstract ideas were nearly ______________ to the general public.