C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Open Cloze Worksheet 6
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
- What this soldier did was ____________ and beyond his expected duties. He'll be awarded a medal.
- We've had ____________ distinguished guests as Roosevelt and Churchill dining here.
- ____________ of the main reasons we are getting out of the Australian market is due to tougher government regulations.
- Despite forty people losing their jobs, the company merger was a success in ____________ other way.
- We offer free delivery on all products and, in ____________, five years of guarantee.
- What do you need in ____________ to complete your work in time?
- Look at this sequence ____________ numbers and tell me what the next one is.
- If you succeed ____________ increasing your sales by at least 10% this year, you'll get a raise.