C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Open Cloze Worksheet 5
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
- The first night's talk will touch on topics ____________ as ornithology and global warming.
- You're ____________ from perfect, Jon. Only last year, you lost those files, remember?
- The lack of authority from higher levels in the company is ____________ of the problems the review will look into.
- I used to understand how to work this phone but I no ____________ do! Can you help me?
- I went to bed very late and slept terribly, ____________ the result that I feel awful today.
- ____________ your poor record of turning up on time, we want to extend your contract because we like your work.
- An increase in tourism ____________ 17% helped the country recover from recession.
- Jenkins is ____________ more a marketing expert than my grandfather. He's a fraud!