C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Open Cloze Worksheet 19
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. The person ____________ bag was left unattended needs to collect it from the security office.
2. ____________ long will it take to complete the project? We need to plan accordingly.
3. The company was heavily relied ____________ by the local community for job opportunities.
4. The company would have expanded more rapidly if they ____________ had more funding.
5. The software is user-friendly and efficient, which is something that is ____________ rare and valuable in this industry.
6. It is recommended to consume an average of 8 glasses of water ____________ day for proper hydration.
7. She enjoys indulging ____________ her hobbies during her free time.
8. Can ____________ of you help me move this heavy box?