C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Open Cloze Worksheet 18
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. People who sleep badly need to first look at ____________ beds.
2. Don is a terrible worker. In ____________, he's the worst employee here!
3. If ____________ has convinced me of his honest, it was his willingness to speak about what happened.
4. Every time I bring ____________ this subject, she talks about something else.
5. By this time tomorrow, we'll ____________ sitting on a plane to Paris.
6. It's a very luxurious hotel, not really what I'm used ____________.
7. ____________ sexes are guilty of using blackmail when arguing.
8. Doctors confirm the importance ____________ posture in maintaining a healthy back.