C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Open Cloze Worksheet 15
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
- My Aunt Beth is a wonderful person, a person ____________ inspires respect for how she lives her life.
- Were you ____________ fault for the accident or was someone else to blame?
- Moisture in the atmosphere will build up in the afternoon, ____________ the result that we expect some thunderstorms.
- The tennis champion, ____________ victory came after four hours of hard work, was presented with the trophy.
- ____________ refusing to apologise to the victim, you've shown how little you care about what you did.
- ____________ makes me so angry is that he knew he couldn't come and never told us.
- ____________ only did you ignore me, you also lied about me to your parents.
- After you arrive at the station and after ____________ bought your tickets, go straight to platform 7 for the train.