C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Open Cloze Worksheet 13
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
- Martha was involved in a collision ____________ a truck.
- This house is such a mess? ____________ bother tidying up when it's just the same two days later?
- The fridge wasn't working well and when I smelled the milk, it had obviously ____________ off.
- Do you know if it's ____________ the law to have your dog off the lead in this park?
- The new teacher wasn't sure ____________ strict she needed to be with the troublesome student.
- Michael Copeland has said he no ____________ wants to be considered for the role of town mayor.
- That dog comes and smells my feet ____________ single time I come into the house.
- Don't speak to anyone else during the test. I want you to do this completely on your ____________.