C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Open Cloze Worksheet 12
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
- As ____________ as seventy workers will be made redundant in a company merger.
- The cake collapsed because the heat in the oven wasn't consistent. In ____________ words, someone opened the door!
- ____________ order to find you on our customer database, you'll have to tell me your full name and date of birth.
- I'm always on ____________ lookout for bargain antiques to add to my collection.
- Why are you eating in here on your ____________? Is everyone else working?
- There are some things I don't like about the new logo, but on the ____________, it's fine.
- The security system was shown to be ____________ from foolproof when the boss's nine-year-old son guessed the password.
- He hasn't answered one of our questions truthfully so ____________ bother?