C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 9
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Singers take care of their voice to guarantee ___________ performance.
2. Even if you can't quit smoking, you should do your best to at least ___________ down a bit.
3. The charity dance raised $5000 and the hospital was able to buy a new heart ___________.
4. It is often only through long experiments of trial and ___________ that scientific progress is made.
5. The working day in the factory is divided into day and night ___________.
6. The job is tough, lonely and yes, on ___________, even depressing.
7. The shopping centre was built surrounded by a vast ___________ of concrete for parking.
8. Every person in this room has ___________ an important part in the success of the company.