C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 7
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Modern conditions such as diabetes and alcohol abuse has caused life ___________ to fall in some countries.
2. The words of his resignation letter ___________ he was unhappy with several of his former colleagues.
3. Thomas never ___________ the negative role he had in taking over the company
4. Dr Hartson is an animal expert, but I don't believe the ___________ of his expertise is as wide as you think.
5. We understand it's late and we don't mean to ___________, but we have some important questions for you.
6. On arriving at the theatre, the Queen was presented with a large ___________ of tulips by a young girl.
7. The suspect's complaints about his treatment by police were ___________ and he was taken into custody.
8. "We will surely ___________ our problems if we work together on a solution."