C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 6
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Politicians have been arguing about the reasons for the ___________ in the number of unemployed.
2. Charles Lindbergh was one of the early ___________ in powered flight and crossed the Atlantic in 1927.
3. We used advertising to ___________ interest in the product and then educated people on how to use it.
4. It never ___________ to me that Mike and Cherie's marriage was in any trouble.
5. All attempts to reach Darren at home on his phone ___________ with failure.
6. Any problems ___________ from the new contract are not my concern. I warned against signing it.
7. The director was accused of being ___________ in the way he ran the company.
8. In the tough economic climate, the company GTV has ___________ by over 40%.