C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 4
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Two wolves ran through the forest in ___________ of a deer.
2. The economy touches every ___________ of our lives.
3. Like most safety features, the air bag is very rarely used but when ___________ upon, must operate perfectly.
4. The cup will remain here at the clubhouse for a month on ___________ before being sent to the museum.
5. Jed ran the whole ___________ after his father died and left him the company.
6. The garden is a paradise for flowers in particular. We have seventeen ___________ of roses.
7. The terrible weather ___________ in severe traffic delays and the closure of the airport.
8. "What is ___________," Clarissa said, "I feel I'm being ignored."