C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 32
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Over the years, the collector managed to ___________ a variety of rare stamps.
2. The abandoned building was left in a state of ___________.
3. The company's bank account had been ___________ by the dishonest manager.
4. The landscape artist ___________ the landscape drawings in his sketchbook.
5. He ___________ recognised the familiar face in the crowd and smiled.
6. The historian spent hours researching in the old document ___________.
7. The team's ___________ spirit helped them overcome many obstacles and achieve their goals.
8. The ___________ renovation project significantly improved the building's overall appearance.