C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 31
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The economic growth of the country began to ___________ due to a lack of investment.
2. The new software ___________ smoothly on all devices, making it popular among users.
3. Everyone should fulfil their civic ___________ by voting in elections.
4. The company sought to ___________ its operations to new markets overseas.
5. The judge decided to ___________ the minor offence due to the defendant's good behaviour.
6. The company decided to ___________ their focus from traditional retail to online sales.
7. The building's impressive ___________ made it a unique addition to the city skyline.
8. The group of teenagers continued to ___________ in the park, even after they were asked to leave.