C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 3
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Much of the neighbourhood was demolished in the 1940s when living ___________ had deteriorated.
2. Scientists are yet to understand the full nutritional ___________ of the humble olive.
3. You can come and ___________ us performing this operation, if you want.
4. Bears used to be very ___________ in this part of the country, but nobody has seen one for ten years.
5. Ben was ___________ to the court for jury duty, but took a doctor's note with him and was excused.
6. The police ___________ four states in pursuit of the bank robber.
7. After three years of ___________, the country's economy is finally looking a lot healthier.
8. We altered our final ___________ of yearly profits due to more accurate advertising and marketing costs.