C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 29
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The author ___________ the letter in beautiful calligraphy.
2. The app has millions of active ___________ who enjoy its features and functionality.
3. They saved enough ___________ to purchase their dream house by the beach.
4. The company aimed to ___________ its operations for better efficiency.
5. The scientists decided to ___________ with experts from other fields to gain new insights.
- team up
6. The manager's instructions were ___________ and to the point, allowing the team to finish the task efficiently.
7. The chef's culinary creations were ___________ in their presentation and flavour combinations.
8. Based on the available evidence, the detective was able to ___________ that the suspect was innocent.