C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 28
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The economy slowly ___________ from the recession, with new businesses and job opportunities emerging.
2. The smoothie bar used only ___________ ingredients to create their delicious drinks.
3. The team's ___________ efforts led to a successful completion of the project.
4. The forensic expert ___________ the authenticity of the signature on the document.
5. They held high ___________ for the success of their new venture.
6. The emotional story deeply ___________ everyone who heard it.
7. The rescue team managed to ___________ the missing hiker from the dense forest.
8. The injured athlete focused on his ___________ to return to competition.